Account Executive (Remote)
Lavvi is an InsurTech driven by purpose – to connect families with financial security. For over 16 years, life insurance companies have trusted us to deliver software and strategies that increase online distribution reach and grow life insurance revenue, to ultimately safeguard more lives.
Life’s unexpected challenges can strike without warning, leaving families vulnerable and in dire need of support. We dream of a future where no one would ever have to witness another heart-wrenching crowd-sourced fundraising campaign for a funeral or family members left behind without financial support.
Our vision is a world where there is financial security for all, and our mission is to deliver software that amplifies life insurer’s reach across North America.
Our life insurance distribution platform helps mid-market insurers reach more families on any distribution channel (advisor facing, consumer facing, or hybrid). Insurers can surpass their distribution strategy goals with the most human-centered all-in-one distribution platform with unparalleled control and configurations.
Job Title: Account Executive
We are seeking an accomplished and results-driven Account Executive to lead our growth efforts in the North American life insurance industry. This pivotal role requires an experienced sales professional who can create, own and execute innovative sales strategies to convert new prospects into valued clients for our cutting-edge digital life insurance platform. This is very much a doer role that requires hunting, prospecting, and most importantly closing business! The successful candidate will play a key role in driving sales and increasing our market presence in both Canada and the United States.
Nuts & Bolts:
- Start date: immediately
- Status: Full time (40+ hours)
- Location: Remote
- Reports to: CCO
- Career path advancement: AE > Director of Sales > VP of Sales
- Sales Strategy, Process and KPI Development: Develop comprehensive sales strategies tailored to the unique dynamics of the North American life insurance markets. This includes segmenting target audiences, pricing, competitive analysis, strategic partnerships, defining value propositions, and mapping out the customer journey. In addition, build out sales processes and KPIs to reach our quarterly and annual revenue targets.
- Prospecting: Connect, engage and build relationships with life insurance companies in Canada and the US that align with our platform’s capabilities and value propositions. Leverage market research, industry insights, and your existing network to build a robust pipeline of prospects. Foster strong relationships with key decision-makers, understand potential client pain points, challenges, and objectives, and position our digital life insurance platform as an ideal solution to address their needs.
- Team collaboration: Work closely with various teams including our Marketing and Product team for a highly targeted and personalized consultative approach that leans on relationship building.
- Sales Presentations: Create compelling and customized sales presentations by presenting our product to support the needs of our potential clients. Ask important questions to reduce pain points of our clients and demonstrate effective active listening skills when sharing everything our product has to offer!
- Negotiation and Closing: Lead negotiations, prepare proposals, and navigate the sales cycle with grit to secure new business agreements. Ensure internal team collaboration through various stages of the sales cycle as required and all contracts align with company policies and objectives.
- Enterprise Sales Expertise: Leverage your extensive experience in enterprise sales to identify, influence, and nurture key champions. Close high-value deals with a focus on long-term client relationships. Use tried and tested strategies to drive impact, scale-up the team and generate revenue. Engage with procurement and legal teams to efficiently navigate corporate purchasing. Actively progress customer purchasing with tools such as a Mutual Action Plan.
- Market Intelligence: Stay informed about industry trends, competitor activities, and emerging technologies. Adapt sales strategies accordingly to maintain a competitive edge.
- Personal Branding Connoisseur: Leverage tools and social platforms to curate an authentic online presence and share valuable industry insights.
The skills and experience we feel you need:
- Min. of 5 years of successful enterprise sales experience, with a proven track record of exceeding sales targets.
- Deep understanding of the North American life insurance industry, its regulatory landscape, and market trends.
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Self-motivated, results-oriented, and adaptable to changing market dynamics.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a dynamic team environment.
- Proficiency in HubSpot to be able to track leads, manage prospects, and maintain accurate records of sales activities.
- Prior experience in leveraging data analytics to refine sales strategies continuously.
The skills and experience we feel would be nice to have, not required:
- Prior experience working in a start-up and/or building sales from ground-up
As well as a great team, you will have…
The ability to work from anywhere in Canada.
- $500 annual home office stipend.
- Strong work/life balance.
- A supportive and collaborative work culture.
- Team socials.
- Work with a team of high performers.
- A ton of opportunities for career growth and advancement.
- Continuous training and professional development opportunities.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive salary and commission structure.
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental, life and vision from day 1.
- 25 days of paid time off.
- An Employee Assistance Program with access starting from day 1.
- Option to participate in a group RSP program from day 1, employee-side.
A pre-assessment behavioral test (5−6 mins) and cognitive test (15 mins) shared via email.
Initial interview with our People Ops. team to learn about your background and provide high-level information about the role.
Interview with the hiring manager to dive deeper into your professional background and the position.
- Group interview with few other team members i.e Marketing and Product.
- Final interview round with our CEO and COO.
At Lavvi, we’re committed to fostering an environment that allows you to come to work as your whole-self (& best-self). We believe it’s important to actively recognize, embrace, and celebrate our differences to make Lavvi an inclusive, equitable, and diverse workplace.
We want to build a team of people who make conversations rich with perspective and experience. We are committed to listening to every voice to learn and grow because doing this will allow us to bring our vision to life.
We do not tolerate discrimination, prejudice, or oppressive isms of any kind. Employment is decided based on role expectations, qualifications, and experience. We encourage anyone who requires accommodation or adjustments throughout the interview process to let us know, and we will do our best to support you.
If you describe yourself to be someone who is a doer, a closer and you have a proven track record of success in enterprise sales, with deep knowledge of the life insurance industry, we encourage you to apply for the Account Executive role at Lavvi.
Join us on the mission to driving innovation and delivering game-changing solutions to life insurance companies in Canada and the United States!
To learn more about us, visit our career page:
If you are interested in this role, please apply here.