Senior Software Developer (Remote)
Lavvi is a SaaS company with deep insurance expertise, and we continue to deliver best-in class software to our clients for over 14 incredible years. Our product helps insurance companies find more reliable ways to sell online and maximize digital distribution by simplifying the process end-to-end. Insurance companies trust us to navigate complex industry regulations to increase ridership, generate higher revenue, and protect more lives.
Our purpose is to inspire greatness. In ourselves, and in each other. The mission is to deliver technology that empowers people to reach their highest potential. Our vision is to be North America’s most trusted and sought-after insurance distribution experts.
About the position:
As a Senior Developer, you will work on all aspects of our software development projects supporting existing applications and creating new software applications. You will be versatile, display leadership qualities, and be enthusiastic to take on new problems as we continue to push technology forward.
We’re looking for talented individuals who can own and build frameworks, applications and tools by working closely with our clients. There will be a ton of collaboration with various teams to ensure functionality, performance and availability are not impacted. With your technical expertise you will manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables. You will design, develop, test, deploy, lead, maintain, and enhance software solutions
Nuts & Bolts:
- Start date: immediately
- Status: Full time (40+ hours)
- Location: Remote
- Reports to: Chris Benoit, Software Development Manager
- Work as part of an agile development team to write, test and release applications.
- Participating in code reviews and business/technical discussions.
- Providing input into and following established development guidelines and standards.
- Assist with the triaging of defects and bring them to resolution.
- When required, research and evaluation of new technologies and tools for development.
- Assist the agile team with the estimating, planning and prioritizing of work with the product owner.
- Be an active participant in all Agile processes.
- Interpret software requirements to design and implement software as defined by product management and/or client’s technical and business teams.
- Self-directed…takes extreme ownership of problems within their area of expertise
- Minimum 4+ years of demonstrated development experience in B2B SaaS environment.
- Familiarity with Bootstrap, Web Services, Web API, REST, Entity Framework, Typescript, Material Design
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Experience with Azure DevOps testing, Selenium, or similar.
- Strong working knowledge of SQL.
- Experience with Docker, Ansible, Kubernetes, GitLab, CI/CD, Content Management solutions.
- Strong analytical, problem resolution and decision-making skills.
- Commitment to delivering high-quality solutions in an agile, team-focused environment.
- Competency in Unit Testing, Integration Testing and System Testing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Prior experience in a lead technical role.
- Previous experience in a start-up environment
- Bilingualism is English and French.
Compensation & Benefits:
$75,000 — $95,000 CAD
- Fully remote work environment
- $500 home office stipend
- Flexible work hours
- Competitive salary
- 25 days paid time off
- Team retreats
- Strong work/life balance
- Work with a team of high performers
- Comprehensive dental and medical benefits including RRSP
- Tons of opportunities for growth and career advancement
- Learning and Development stipend (in the works)
To learn more about us, visit our career page:
https://lavvi.com/work-with-us or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in this role please apply Here.