At Lavvi, we believe we can help insurance companies protect more families by empowering them with leading digital tools. As we embark on our mission to become the Shopify of the insurance industry, we have prioritized building a high caliber team of professionals who care for the cause, their team, and themselves. We have been providing services and solutions to the insurance and financial services industry since 2007. Based in Moncton, NB, we have team members located coast to coast who are ready to welcome you.
Members of the Lavvi team are cut from a different cloth. We are a team of high performers who care about the work we produce and the people we choose to work with. Our team is built on diversity of skills, mindset, and perspective. Being a result driven team, we avoid “group think” and encourage every team member to use their voice. We welcome healthy conflict because the foundation of our team is built on mutual trust and respect.
The successful candidates will work on all aspects of our software development projects supporting existing applications and creating new and innovative software applications. You will work closely with our clients to solve problems and challenges. You will also be working side by side with a cross-functional scrum team to turn these solutions into reality and ensure product functionality, performance and availability are not impacted. Activities include, but are not limited to, participation in requirements identification and feasibility analysis, generation of technical solutions and design, coding, testing, quality assurance, implementation and all supporting project artifacts and documentation.
We will consider remote candidates from within Canada.
Your time will be spent between serving our existing customers projects and building our own digital products to serve the insurance industry. Lavvi is embarking on a pivotal growth year and will require someone who excels under pressure with tight deadlines and shifting priorities.
We need a team player who is adaptable and solution oriented. The ideal candidate can turn high-level vision into tangible design.
- Work as part of an agile development team to write, test and release applications.
- Participating in code reviews and business/technical discussions.
- Providing input into and following established development guidelines and standards.
- Assist with the triaging of defects and bring them to resolution.
- When required, research and evaluation of new technologies and tools for development.
- Assist the agile team with the estimating, planning and prioritizing of work with the product owner.
- Be an active participant in all Agile processes.
- Interpret software requirements to design and implement software as defined by product management and/or client’s technical and business teams.
- Works independently with minimum technical and management guidance, taking ownership of problems within own area of knowledge.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience with demonstrated responsibilities.
- Experience with Azure DevOps testing, Selenium, or similar
- Experience with Docker, Ansible, Kubernetes, GitLab, CI/CD, Content Management solutions
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with agile methodologies
- Strong working knowledge of SQL
- Proven ability to write well-documented, high performance, reliable, maintainable code.
- Commitment to delivering high-quality solutions in an agile, team-focused environment.
- In-depth experience with object-oriented design/development
- Experience in .NET Core
- Experience using Cloud / Azure Platforms, specifically Azure App Services, API Management, Azure Storage, Azure Key Vault, Azure SQL
- Excellent ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Must work collaboratively with other departments and all levels within the organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Creative/innovative thinker
- Strong analytical, problem resolution and decision-making skills.
- Competency in Unit Testing, Integration Testing and System Testing.
- Experience with Workflow Foundation or any workflow automation platforms
- Experience with testing automation
- Experience with Agile Software Development Life Cycles (SDLC).
- Experience with release management and DevOps pipeline, managing CI, branches, build and release processes
- Data analysis, database design, and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience of developing Windows Presentation Foundation
- Experience using XML, XSLT, Saxon
- Experience with ERP systems.
- Bilingualism considered an asset but not mandatory.
5 Attributes of a Successful Lavvi Team Member:
- Fall in love with the problem, not the solution
- Show up like you give a sh*t
- Have a wellness mindset
- Be nice
- Be accountable
- Work outside your comfort zone.
- Enhance team motivation and engagement.
- Build strong relationships.
- Thrive in working both independently and within a team environment.
- College diploma or university degree in graphic design, management or equivalent will be considered an asset.
- 2+ years experience as a designer, or role with similar responsibilities.
- Training or certifications under the UX umbrella will be considered an asset.
If you believe you have what it takes to perform at this level, we would love to hear from you. Interested candidates please email resume to email@example.com